Monday, January 10, 2011

Uses for Essential Oils A - Z - Part 2

Plants contain complex and powerful substances known as essential oils. These are aromatic liquids derived from shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes, and seeds. These distinctive components defend plants from insects, harsh environmental conditions, and disease. They are also vital for a plant to grow, live, evolve, and adapt to its surroundings. Referred to as the essence of the plant, pure essential oils not only protect the plant but also determine its aroma.

Please note: The majority of the following statements are testimonials


C

Cedarwood
- Cedarwood is my FAVORITE sleep oil! I put a drop on a tissue and sleep with it next to my nose! It is HEAVEN!
- Western Red Cedar, is great for adding to woodchips or placing in closets or dressers to repel insects. It will keep moths away.
- For mold allergies, My friend diffuses Cedarwood and says it has been the greatest help to her.
- Cedarwood induces deep sleep. I used it after 2 surgeries, and slept longer than I should have...weaned myself off of pain meds using Cedarwood!
- I have a friend who has eczema and she used Cedarwood and it did wonders overnight she was amazed
- Cedarwood is wonderful for keeping the oiliness down.
- Tennis Elbow-I used Cedarwood throughout the day from the elbow to the wrist for this problem/pain! It worked for me..... this is what got me into YL oils in the beginning. The first application 5-7 drops took about 1/2 the pain away. The 2nd application the pain went away (I had it in both arms as I'd been cutting down burdock in the pasture for days!) . I used the arm bands for tennis elbow and continued with the Cedarwood for a couple of months as I did not want it to return.

Cinnamon Bark
- Cinnamon Bark essential oil is highly effective for plantar warts.
- For diabetics-Add Cinnamon Bark oil to something you drink in the morning! I still put it in my 16 oz. mug of (now organic) coffee (I like things hot and 4 drops is great for me, but) I started out with only two drops. My numbers were always in the 170's or 180's. I was pleased when I got a 150!!!! After using the cinnamon oil, I am now down in the 130', 140's and several readings going down to the 110's!!!! My doctor thinks I am very diligent----the only diligence is using the cinnamon every day!
- Cinnamon oil is a POTENT Insulin and Sugar-Balancer, and I know of one testimonial of a man who just Recently got diabetes and used tons (3 drops 3 times or more a day) of cinnamon oil on bottom of feet every day for less then 4 months and no more diabetes, though he was apparently new to diabetes, but still, talk about Pancreas heaven!!!! GO Cinnamon Oil!

Citrus Fresh
- Smells so good! I put 5-10 drops in a spritz bottle to spray around and freshen the house.
- It uplifts my mood. I diffuse it to do that, and to make the house smell nice.
- Put a drop in your water for flavor and to purify it.
- I used citrus fresh for ridges in my fingernails. I applied the oil two times a day. In less than a month I have the smoothest fingernails.
- I love using Citrus Fresh in Perrier® water and on popcorn! I melt the butter (or coconut oil-the end result tastes the same) and add 1-2 drops of Citrus Fresh to it and pour it over my popcorn.
- A lady-friend has corns on the bottoms of both of her feet that hurt her so badly she walked on the sides of the feet. It appeared to her that after putting Citrus Fresh on them these painful corns are just melting away. They aren't gone completely but shrink everyday. She puts a drop of Citrus Fresh on each one morning and night. After about three weeks of this she can stand flat footed again.

Clarity
- Dryness caused by sleep apnea machine-In response to sleep apnea- Clarity Oil in the mask has helped a few people we know get over the sleep apnea & not have to even use the mask. It's certainly worth a try. You could also apply it before going to bed to the temples & feet.
- When I start seeing zigzag lines, flashing lights, and a blind spot, I can be sure a dreadful migraine will soon follow. However, if I immediately rub a few drops of Clarity™ on my temples, my forehead, and the back of my neck, the headache never seems to manifest. It's amazing!"
- I used Clarity when I was in school and it truly works. My grandson(13) when studying and he gets to a tough section comes to me and says Grandma can I use some of your oils. I'll place a drop in his hands to rub together and inhale. One particular once he inhaled and was continuing I heard him say - WOW I GOT it this is so simple. He has been a believer every since.
- I find Clarity almost instant for clearing the mind.

Clary Sage
- I use a little Clary Sage at night under my nose to help me get REM sleep, dream, etc. It is very hormone balancing.
- Childbirth- I was only 1.5cm dilated, the Dr. wanted to give me pitocin and I refused instead took 6 drops of clary sage and went from 1.5cm to 10 cm in 1 hour. My Dr. was in shock.
- I use Clary Sage once there is a good labor pattern. I use it on the cervix reflexology points and a few drops under the tongue. I wouldn't use them in a cap...the oils absorb much quicker (for this!)

Clove
- Put on new forming zits and follow up with Lavender. Will make them go away!
- Great for periodontal disease. Put drop in water and swish around your mouth, or brush on directly. Zings a bit, but is great for teeth and gums!
- Apply a little bit 2+ times a day, directly on cold sores- use a toothpick if you need something tiny. Clears them up so much faster!
- Diffuse a bottle in a room to get rid of mold. But only in a room you won’t be in until it clears out!
- Apply neat to toenail fungus to kill it. But be consistent and use it for a bit even once you think it is gone, just to be sure it is all gone.
- A drop of clove in the mouth, a few times a day apparently helps with smoking cessation.
- When my husband feels a cold sore coming on, he has me rub a little clove on the spot. (He says it doesn’t burn, but I think it would!) 2 or 3 applications and they never seem to really develop.
- I pulled something in my right leg (sprained ankle side) that went from the groin down the inner leg to below the knee. Immediately I applied Clove oil, and the pain went away.
- Good for sterilizing anything- use in place of alcohol.
- I have used clove in the past and it saved me from getting a root canal. It took 2 weeks with applications 3 times a day but it worked and not a pain since.
- Taken in a capsule, can regulate insulin for diabetics
- Put on cuts to sterilize and to numb it.
- I was able to get off coumadin, a blood thinner, by putting 1 or 2 drops Oil of Cloves in my orange juice every day. My doctor assisted me with a lot of pro-time tests proving that Cloves was doing the job.

Coriander
- To balance sugar-The spleen is involved with the immune system. It also determines if the body will be able to metabolize a particular food, emotion, thought, energy or other external influences. The spleen and the pancreas (which makes insulin) are both involved in with food metabolism, blood sugar levels and the mood swings associated with them. Both organs and their shared meridian influence your general energy levels. Tracing your meridians is one if the easiest and most effective ways you can correct the mismatch between your genetic programming and the demands of your environment. Using Coriander on your finger will trace what is called The Triple Warmer (Pancreas/Spleen Meridian). Use an open palm, facing the body,directly touching it: start at your ring finger (outside), trace straight up the arm. over the shoulder, to the ear lobe, circle around the ear and end at your temple. This meridian is most active between the hours of 9 PM - 11 PM - so try it then.

Cypress
- My mother has peripheral arterial disease, resulting in severe blockage of lower extremity veins. She had bypass surgery several years ago, but the swelling in her feet and legs continued. I sent her a bottle of cypress oil with instructions to mix several drops in V6 massage oil and apply to legs and feet. She used it before bedtime the day she received it and when she awoke the next morning, the swelling was almost gone.
- My husband snores and nothing else worked for him. I put Cypress on his throat gland area. I did this as I recently heard on a tape to put it over swollen glands when you are sick. His gland weren't swollen (that I knew of) but I tried it for the snoring, and it worked wonderfully! He slept so quietly that I had to wonder if he was still alive! (just kidding)
- My husband has been an asthmatic for 18 yrs. So bad that he has stopped breathing twice. Since introduced to the oils, he uses RC and Cypress twice daily on the lung areas of his feet and he now hasn't used his nebulizer now for almost a year. The RC opens up the lungs and the Cypress will pull out any fluid that is irritating
- I had heard somewhere that using Cypress on the neck over the throat before bed helped and two people that I suggested this to said it worked the first time.
- I keep oils on hand for my midwife's patients. One of the biggest sellers of oils is for varicose veins/vulvar or any kind. We buy a bottle of Cel-Lite Magic and a 15 ml bottle of Cypress. We pour as much Cypress into the bottle of Cel-Lite magic as it will hold. Then morning and night we apply it everywhere it is needed. I've had women have relief the first night, and it the varicosities are severe some women have relief on day three.


Please be advised that any statements you read are the opinion of the writer and are in no way meant to replace any medications that are subscribed to you by your physician. Also, please be advised that the statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Learn more about Essential Oils and Ordering Info on our website

Blog Challenge Participant