Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Uses for Essential Oils A - Z - Part 3

Plants contain complex and powerful substances known as essential oils. These are aromatic liquids derived from shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes, and seeds. These distinctive components defend plants from insects, harsh environmental conditions, and disease. They are also vital for a plant to grow, live, evolve, and adapt to its surroundings. Referred to as the essence of the plant, pure essential oils not only protect the plant but also determine its aroma.

Please note: The majority of the following statements are testimonials

D & E

Dill
- When my husband tests high for sugar in the evening he puts 1 drop of dill and 1 drop of coriander under his tongue and it always brings his sugar down. He actually has to be aware, because sometimes it takes it too low and he has to have some fruit or juice.

Di-gize
- Amazing for indigestion. Rub on tummy and it works better than anything the doc gives you.
- I get really painful gas pains and putting 1-3 drops on my palm and rubbing my belly- mostly above and around the belly button, makes it go away in 15 minutes or less.
- Rub on throat, chest and/or tummy for heartburn.
- Rub a few drops on abdomen for diarrhea or constipation- helps with either one, even on kids.
- For my hernia, I was taking the little purple pill daily. so I replaced it with water and a drop of Di-tone. It got rid of all my symptoms.
- When I do the Master Cleanse, it calms the cramps on the 2nd or 3rd day like nothing else. Just a drop or two on my belly and the cramps are GONE!! Works the same for me for the rare cases of heartburn or indigestion I might experience.
- For morning sickness, I rub Di-Tone around the ears. (ear rim and mastoid bone)
- 1-2 drops DiTone the feet for colon support
- A friend of mine had H Pylori and she got immediate results with Di-Gize (formerly Di-Tone) taken internally in water. She used about 5 drops 4x a day. She may have also rubbed it around her navel area.

Dragon Time
- Rub on belly for menstrual cramps.
- Helps with hormones/moods- helps to regulate.
- One lady put a few drops of Dragon Time in the Bath & Shower Gel to make a face wash for her son. After a few weeks it had really cleared up his acne.

Dream Catcher
- Dream Catcher really helped me sleep better - even though I do not have any trouble with dreams or nightmares. It allows me to get sleep deeply and feel more refreshed in the morning.

Egyption Gold
- I have been using the Egyptian Gold since it became available just like I would Immupower. If anyone in my family is even the slightest run down, a few drops down their spine takes care of it. We do the same every time we get on an airplane and did alot of traveling over the holidays with no on getting sick. It really seems to support the immune system and build resistance. For us, the smell is delicious and for my son, he much prefers the EgyptionGold aroma to that of the Immupower (which would often be a battle to get him to use). It would be the first oil I'd reach for if any of us needed an antibiotic-like course of treatment. I also use it just because it smells so yummy.
- Today I woke up with a scratchy, sore throat. I had been fighting a post-nasal drip for the past few days, and was taking extra vitamin c, which was helping, but not with the sore throat. On an impulse, I picked up Egyptian Gold and put three drops under my tongue (NOT tasty) and within five minutes my throat felt MUCH better. Within a half hour, all the icky scratchiness was gone.
- Here's my EG story. My sister-in-law who suffers from severe depression came to my house one day and did not have her medication. I filled a capsule with EG and she said she had the best day she has ever had!

Elemi
- Called “poor man’s Frankincense” it can be used for the same things as Frankincense.
- Good on cuts and skin problems.
- Used it to get rid of some skin cancery patches by applying 2 times a day for a few weeks.
- My Mother in Law had Shingles- I used Elemi on the her right arm that was directly affected. After using it once, she was finally able to go through the day without any problems. In the past she has had breakouts every couple of years. I gave her a second massage and used the Elemi on that arm again and she has not had a breakout since. This has been a year ago so with time we will see exactly how much it has helped.
- Elemi is also good for old scar tissue. A friend used it and an old injury to a tendon that occasionally caused him pain and was always "tight". After a few applications it was "normal".
- A cousin of mine had paralysis on one side of the face, I was advised that Elemi is a good oil to use, rubbed directly on your face. It was a couple of months for him to regain sensation.
- I use Elemi with great success on small red facial veins.

Endoflex
- Put Endoflex on the thyroid and the thymus gland, then tap the thymus to stimulate it.
- I have very severe PMS.... I have severe mood swings to the point of feeling suicidal at times, feel completely out of control, start raging and making no sense (completely irrational), etc. I know that I'm PMSing, but I can't do anything about it. On one night of my PMS week, I was raging, crying, feeling like I was coming out of my skin, feeling out of control, etc. So I got out my EODR and looked up PMS. It said, "Put a drop of Endoflex on your tongue and hold your tongue to the roof of your mouth." Willing to try anything, I did it. It was like putting hair spray in my mouth, but within 4-5 minutes, I was normal again...my mood had stabilized and all of my symptoms were gone! I have had to put the Endoflex on my tongue on several occasions since then...though it doesn't taste good, it doesn't have the same "oooh Yuk!" taste that it originally had and it works every time. I also put the endoflex on my abdomen on the week before and during my period and don't have anywhere near the problems I've had in the past!
- I use Endoflex every day for hypothyroidism. I rub it in the indented area in the center, lower front of my neck And I often rub it on my feet.
- I used EndoFlex to help with what I thought was hot flashes. As soon as I felt one coming on, I covered the top of the bottle with my thumb to just get "some" oil and touched the roof of my mouth. You don't need much, because it's not the best tasting stuff. It really helped.

En-R-Gee
- if any of you have followed me, I have bad varicose veins and I am trying Energee, I think its working, better than I think! When I started using Energee the pain in the veins went away and the bubbles are starting to fade.

Eucalyptus Radiata
- Keeps ticks off. A drop on them usually makes them pull out, if they do get on you.
- I used the Young Living Essential Eucalyptus Oil for my allergies by inhaling for only 3 days. The results were remarkable: not only did it stop my allergy problem, my sense of smell has returned after 32 years.

Eucalyptus Globulus
- I have been putting Eucalyptus globules in my nose. I just put a drop in my hand and dip my pinkie in it and get it as far as I can up my nose. I used to follow it with a little v-6 oil, but don't seem to need it now. It clears up allergies so I can sleep. Works better than Flonaise.
- Last night, my 18 month old started coughing a lot which was disrupting sleep. I got up and put RC and Eucalyptus on her chest and never heard another peep!
- I put 5-10 drops of peppermint and/or eucalyptus essential oil on a single sheet of toilet paper and then vacuum the sheet up. It emits a nice uplifting scent while I'm vacuuming
- Eucalyptus Globulus kills bed bugs!

Exodus II
- Seven years ago I was diagnosed with a Thyroid Nodule (and a biopsy -- not cancerous but a surgeon still wanted to remove it). GARY YOUNG personally told me to use EXODUS II Oil on it and it virtually disappeared within a year or so (now can feel the slightest trace of it).


Please be advised that any statements you read are the opinion of the writer and are in no way meant to replace any medications that are subscribed to you by your physician. Also, please be advised that the statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Learn more about Essential Oils and Ordering Info on our website

Blog Challenge Participant