Thursday, January 13, 2011

Uses for Essential Oils A - Z - Part 4

Plants contain complex and powerful substances known as essential oils. These are aromatic liquids derived from shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes, and seeds. These distinctive components defend plants from insects, harsh environmental conditions, and disease. They are also vital for a plant to grow, live, evolve, and adapt to its surroundings. Referred to as the essence of the plant, pure essential oils not only protect the plant but also determine its aroma.

Please note: The majority of the following statements are testimonials


F

Fennel
- Put a few drops in water and drink to increase milk production in lactating mothers.
- Fennel in a capsule, ten drops as much as four times a day will bring up the milk supply... ONE cap makes me drench the sheets in my sleep with milk!
- We also use it directly under the tongue after delivery...it helps mom like Pitocin would...helping the uterus clamp down etc.
- Menstrual cramps-I know someone who tried using a couple drops of Fennel in every glass of water she drank. The next cycle was much better than it had ever been for her. She didn't have cramps and only minor discomfort. She also avoided the monthly headache. She was very impressed with Fennel.
- Fennel stimulates kidney function.
- For sensitive teeth- I use FENNEL with great results -- stops bleeding gums, cuts down on decay and takes away any pain or discomfort from sensitive teeth. I put it on neet on gums on sensitive teeth area before retiring.

Frankincense
- For depression- I use it everyday, several times a day, inhale, put on feet, on nape of neck, on your temples. It's impossible to stress strongly enough how valuable it is! What worked really well was wearing a necklace vial so I could keep Frankincense in it and wear it next to my body night and day except during showers. The oil continuously absorbs into my body.
- I have a friend with a fibroid and she applies Frankincense daily and it has shrunk. Her doctor sees no need of a hysterectomy
- I had a Black Unwanted Spot... An MD would have called it a Melanoma however being a student of Naturopathy I refused to give it energy by naming or claiming it.. I used Frankincense Neet on the thing.. it took several months but there is no sign of it left and there have been no others.. I Love My Oils..
- For Depression, I diffused frankincense, used the clay necklace with it, used it on my feet twice a day, and inhaled it deeply two-three times a day. I found it just as effective as Prozac when combined with the St. John's Wort. I had to use 6 tablets of St. John's Wort as well daily.
- I was diagnosed with micro calcifications in my breasts in 2003. I purchased Frankincense in October of 2003 and applied it daily on my breast. In May of 2004 they were not able to locate any calcifications on my breast on the mammogram. Since then I have been using Frankincense faithfully.
- My friend's doctor told her last year, after having diagnosed her with many fibroid cysts told her to come back in 6 months for a re-evaluation. I convinced her to use the frankincense and lavender oils daily, at least 2x day, which she did for at least 4 months. After 6 months, she returned to the doctor to have another scan done, and was thrilled to find that ALL the cysts were gone!!
- My husband had a very large mole like spot on the top of his head. It was growing and becoming more pronounced. I used Frankincense on the spot for about 10 days. The mole changed color, had raised edges and then it just fell off. There is no sign of any mole ever existing on that spot.....skin is just like a baby's skin.
- My husband had a fungus under one of his big toenails for 25 years. I gave him a bottle of Frankincense oil, and he puts a drop at the base of his toenail every morning and evening. The toenail has grown out healthy from the root, and the infected part is almost gone now.
- I have only had experience with applying frankincense to a tumor (on a horse’s neck) – the tumor dissolved completely within ten days, and there has been no recurrence.
- My 3 year old gets red scaly skin on the insides of his elbows. I rub a drop of Frankincense on them and it clears it up in about 3-5 days (if I let it get bad before doing something about it!)
- Research on the Medline website lists Frankincense reduces the hormone Cortisol (The death Hormone) by 40% just by inhaling it
- For allergy sufferers, frankincense diluted and applied around the eyes can help with itchy eyes
- I used frankincense to remove a mole. I was careful not to get in on surrounding sensitive skin areas. It took a while, but dried up and came off layer by layer.
- I use it to enhance my clarity of thought and uplift my mood (I rub it on the arteries in my neck, on the back of my neck, and I hold my hands up to my nose and just s-m-e-l-l....).
- I use it to relieve discomfort (put it where it hurts - it's really amazing for discomfort that starts in the hip and radiates down the leg - no other oil works as well for this)... It's also a great support for the immune system
- Chronic sinus infection-to snort up your nose Frankincense... talk about a nose cleaner, but hurts for about 60 seconds then gone, I take equivalent of 1 drop
- Frankincense is a natural sedative and it is good to rub on the crown of the head and forehead before sleep.
- I experienced sciatica because of an injury falling off my horse, and frankincense was the oil that finally worked the best, consistently. I applied it at the area of concern, every day until it went away.
- I know that Frankincense is always one of the best to rebuild the lungs. Especially good in retention enemas.
- I had a friend who used Frankincense to help eliminate fibroids with great success. She put 2-3 drops in her hand and wiped it on the area morn. and night. In about a month's time the fibroids that were giving her great pain were greatly reduced and the pain was almost gone. Frankincense is also good at healing scar tissue which very well could be some of her problem too, what with all the surgeries.



Please be advised that any statements you read are the opinion of the writer and are in no way meant to replace any medications that are subscribed to you by your physician. Also, please be advised that the statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Learn more about Essential Oils and Ordering Info on our website

Blog Challenge Participant