Saturday, January 8, 2011

Uses for Essential Oils A - Z - Part 1

Plants contain complex and powerful substances known as essential oils. These are aromatic liquids derived from shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes, and seeds. These distinctive components defend plants from insects, harsh environmental conditions, and disease. They are also vital for a plant to grow, live, evolve, and adapt to its surroundings. Referred to as the essence of the plant, pure essential oils not only protect the plant but also determine its aroma.

Please note: The majority of the following statements are testimonials



A & B

Aroma Life
- A lady used Aroma Life Blend on her wrist. It lowered her cholesterol.
- I have used Aroma Life, just a drop or two, on the chest, pulse points on the wrist, and feet with success in lowering blood pressure.
- For high blood pressure- Aroma Life is very helpful with marjoram in it. It can be applied to the chest a few times day, just a drop or two at a time.
- With each of my four successful pregnancies, the last of which was twins, I would get terrible spots that would appear to be stretched veins. After several years of this unsightly condition, I tried something I saw in the EODR . I would take a few drops of Cellite Magic and add a few drops of Aroma Life once or twice a day. I then experience what I assume was a clot, as there was a bit of a hard lump, and pain in the largest area of the vein. I continued the application and in about three days of pain the pain stopped and the whole thing cleared up.
- oils have done wonders for my mother easing the last two years of her life, the only time she was actually sick. Aroma life took care of her bedsores in THREE days - she never had them again.

Aroma Siez
- My husband used Aroma Siez in his bunion and saw a noticeable improvement in about three days.
- My jaw was so tight from TMJ. I applied Aroma Seiz all along the jaw line and the next day I had forgotten it even hurt.

Australian Blue
- Bug repellant-put 2-3 drops of Australian Blue on neck and behind the ears, and on bare skin.
- it may be a good idea to suggest taking Australian Blue internally as it combats fungus from the inside.
- Australian Blue is excellent for scar tissue. After back surgery, a year ago, I found out from my Dr I had some scar tissue in there at my incision and he told me "scar tissue" can be painful. I read in the EDOR about Australian Blue, bought a bottle, and it really does help. I read it will dissolve by using this oil persistently.....I love this oil.

Basil
- I mentioned a while ago about a foot issue that I am having. I want to share that I have started using Basil and on the 1st application, the pain stopped within seconds. It was also interesting that when I massaged my foot that time, I could feel stress and pain in my whole foot and ankle that I had not been able to feel before. I have never worked with Basil before and am most intrigued by it's affect on nerve pain. It lasts a few hours before I have to apply more and it seems to be very relaxing to the whole area.
- I find that applying basil essential oil to areas that I bruise (e.g., if I bump into a chair in the night) prevents a bruise from actually forming. I also add some wintergreen, just for good measure.
- Four years ago I used BASIL ONCE and got rid of a problem with what I would call a tense muscle situation across my shoulders that had bothered me daily for a long time.
- we were told that Basil would be a good fly deterrent, and that we should put some on a terra cotta diffuser and hang it in the barn. We did, and noticed a difference almost immediately.

Believe
- For teething aches and pains...we used to grab for the Tylenol...and let me tell you...we found out QUICK that Believe oil (or Balsam) down the spine works JUST as well...and FASTER!!
- Our college aged daughter just told us today that she uses Believe for colds and has even used it with a young girl who has asthma. It has consistently "chased them away" in short order. :-)
- I love Believe best for ear pain...it has balsam, frankincense and rosewood...all GREAT oils for ears!

Brain Power
- Gary Young once told me that for Alzheimer’s, it might be very helpful to diffuse the Young Living blend, Brain Power, in the room, and possibly rub it on the sides of the neck, and the back of the head, in the brain stem area
- Here's something I found relating to right-left brain connection: If you take a drop of Brain Power Oil on your pinky, place it on the tip of your tongue and then place the tip of the tongue up against the roof of the mouth it will help to balance right & left brain.


Please be advised that any statements you read are the opinion of the writer and are in no way meant to replace any medications that are subscribed to you by your physician. Also, please be advised that the statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Learn more about Essential Oils and Ordering Info on our website

Blog Challenge Participant