Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Uses for Essential Oils A - Z - Part 6

Plants contain complex and powerful substances known as essential oils. These are aromatic liquids derived from shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes, and seeds. These distinctive components defend plants from insects, harsh environmental conditions, and disease. They are also vital for a plant to grow, live, evolve, and adapt to its surroundings. Referred to as the essence of the plant, pure essential oils not only protect the plant but also determine its aroma.

Please note: The majority of the following statements are testimonials

H

Harmony
- When I quit smoking, I could not be without Harmony oil. I found there was something about Harmony I truly needed during the quitting phase. I slathered myself in it, kept some in my purse, and whenever I had a craving, I would either put some in my hands and inhale it or put some on myself... I found it stopped the cravings very effectively and was the oil I relied on the most. Harmony worked the best in fighting the intense nicotine cravings.
- I find it to be amazing for my mood balancing! A few drops on my palm each day!
- I have a bottle of Harmony that I leave uncapped at my desk. An allergy sufferer walked past my cube then double-backed and asked what I had that smelled so good. She said her allergies had her all blocked up and the only time they unblock is when she walks past my cube.
- Recently my 5 year old had a very bad lingering cough and had a coughing fit that lasted nearly two hours. I tried everything I could think of then remembered someone saying how Harmony helped allergy attacks. So I put just a dab on her chest since I'd already used so many other oils and a little bit of Peace and Calming on her feet, and she finally calmed down and fell asleep.
- Husband is allergic to cats, what works is an application of Harmony right over the thymus, and then tap,tap,tap with the fingers until symptoms subside.
- For irritation or allergic reaction to any oil or blend: rub a few drops of Harmony over the thymus gland (at the base of the neck) with one hand and hold the other hand over the navel for about one minute.
- I had itchy skin on my abdomen and back and had not been able to discover the source. I tried several remedies before I remembered a seminar I had attended in San Diego where Gary Young used Harmony on people from the audience for allergies. I rubbed the Harmony on the general problem areas and within five minutes I was no longer itchy. And the effect lasts! Now if I even start to itch, I just grab the Harmony and the itch is gone."
- A couple of our children have had hay fever / allergies really bad - Harmony had made a huge difference. We have noticed that it also helps other types of allergic reactions - I can now wear any kind of jewelry in my ears - before using Harmony my ears would get red, hot, itchy and very painful.
- I use Harmony every day as a "perfume" to balance myself at work. I work in a fast paced environment and always have to be on my toes. I notice a huge difference on the rare occasion I might forget it or use another oil. It is wonderful for giving you a feeling of confidence.
- I know someone who uses Harmony oil to relieve itchy allergy eyes. Just breathing in Harmony instantly relieves the itch.
- For libido-we use it a drop on our shoulders, chest and on location (for a bit of a warming effect).

Helichrysum
- I have a friend who uses Helichrysum for varicose veins and reports it really helps with pain and healing,
- Geranium and Helichrysum stopped my PLACENTA SITE from bleeding after a placental abruption of over 1/3 of my placenta... and saved my life as well as the life of my unborn child.
- My husband injured his nose on Sunday, causing it to bleed like crazy. Two drops each of geranium and helichrysum along the bridge of his nose stopped the bleeding almost instantly.

Hyssop
- Hyssop oil is GREAT for lung issues...we do about three drops in a capsule, and fill it with olive oil and stick it in the rectum...and go to bed
- Hyssop in a 200 parts per million concentration inhibits skin cancer by 75.90%. Hyssop, when applied to the big toe on the right foot, will help break addictions.



Please be advised that any statements you read are the opinion of the writer and are in no way meant to replace any medications that are subscribed to you by your physician. Also, please be advised that the statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Learn more about Essential Oils and Ordering Info on our website

Blog Challenge Participant